Roy Janse, CFP®, AIF®
Roy’s priority is assisting his clients in pursuing and achieving their unique financial goals with the greatest confidence. By developing sophisticated financial plans as well as managing customized investment portfolios, Roy helps his clients decrease volatility and optimize returns. He has built a strong practice working with individuals, couples, small business owners, and corporations.
During the summer of 1996, Roy participated in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Summer Games as a member of the Canadian sailing team. He and his teammate placed 11th in the Tornado catamaran event. As a financial advisor, Roy takes the same high level Olympic performance approach in helping clients identify, plan and achieve their financial goals.
Roy began his financial career in 2002 as a personal and business financial advisor for a national firm. Seeking to offer his clients true independent and fiduciary level advice, Rob and he began their independent firm, DeHollander & Janse Financial Group, in July of 2009.
Roy’s background and credentials include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® Designee
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities registrations; state insurance licenses1
- Roy was honored with the Five StarSM Wealth Manager award in 2011 and 20142.
- 2016 Momentum Advisor, recognizes advisors who had high level growth in their practice.
- Graduate of the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada – Bachelor of Commerce Degree
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Member of the Financial Services Institute, an advocacy and membership organization for independent financial advisors
- One of the founding board members of Fostering Great Ideas. A now national organization improving the lives of children in foster care.
- Member of the Greenville Reentry Coalition, a unique coalition of dozens of local organizations working to reduce recidivism in the community.
- Roy and his family are members of First Baptist Church of Greenville, where he has served on numerous committees including being twice Chairman of the Finance Committee, as well as on the Foundation Committee, Youth Committee and others.
Although Roy grew up in western Canada, in the city of Edmonton, Alberta, he can’t imagine living anywhere other than Greenville, South Carolina. He is married to Melissa, an emergency department physician and the Director of Undergraduate Medical Education for the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Greenville Health System. Together, they have three active sons, Carter, Cooper, and Bentley. Between work, family, church and volunteering, finding time for hobbies is difficult, though he manages to play on a weekly men’s recreation soccer team and enjoys running early in the morning.
1. Held through Commonwealth Financial Network®
2. Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria including: minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, fulfillment of firm's internal review, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, number of client households, education and professional designations. The award is not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. For more information please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.